Sweet Courtney from TheBrownGirlWithLongHair is one of my favorite people and she hit us up with a lil’ game of tag, so OBVIOUSLY, it was game on! She shared some questions to answer, which will expose my true self to the world…too late to back out?
1. Are you named after someone? I’m actually named after two family members who both died as young children. Perhaps my parents didn’t expect me to last very long?
2. When was the last time you cried? When Neil died on Once Upon a Time last week.
3. Do you have kiddos? I have two babes. An 8 year old boy and 6 year old girl. JACKPOT!
4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself? I would be best friends with me because we’d like the same movies, and candy, and vacations and boys…WAIT! We could never be friends, she’d be in love with my man!
5. Do you have a guilty pleasure? Does gorging on candy closet-eating style past my bedtime count?
6. Do you like your handwriting? It totally depends on the writing utensil. Mechanical pencils make my handwriting look like font, fine point pens make me look like a preschooler, markers give me boy writing, and crayons are just embarrassing.
7. What’s your favorite cereal? Since two months ago, it’s Fiber 1 original. It keeps me full for a couple hours (which is a feat in itself) and it’s sweet but doesn’t have sugar in it (hooray for box tops!)
8. What’s the first thing you notice about people? Whether or not they’re being real with me.
9. What is your eye color? Blue
10. Scary movie or happy endings? Happy endings; scary movies give me anxiety and CONVINCE me that I might actually die during the movie. Either by an evil psychopath or a heart attack. My husband loves them so I try to make myself unconscious before the opening scene.
11. Favorite TV show? Punky Brewster and Jem and the Holograms might still be tied for my favorite.
12. Summer or Winter? Winter from Dec. 20-January 1. Then summer for the rest of the year. Although, mother nature NEVER agrees to my schedule.
13. Hugs or Kisses? Both and all the time!
14. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home? The Arctic Circle.
15. Do you have any special talents? I do a pretty mean tape-face, I sign (as in American sign language), I was a D-1 softball pitcher in University, and I can “gleek” out of both sides of my mouth (my dad tells me I’m “such a lady”…he never seems to mean it, though.)
16. Where were you born? Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
17. What are your hobbies? Hanging out with my kids, going to the movies, blogging, road trips, riding extreme roller coasters, and doing my own gel nail polish.
18. Do you have any pets? A hamster named Kashi; She poops magic.
19. Favorite movie? I feel like that changes by the season, but I the only movie I’ve ever elected to watch more than once, is Love Actually. So that probably counts.
21. What do you want to be when you grow up? A retired organizer that travels 50% of the year, or a kid.
This game is like the gift that keeps on giving because I’ve tagged the following awesome bloggers:
Sweet Tirralin TinselTownMom
Darling Katia at IamTheMilk
Two awesome Sarahs from :
ThriftyDecorChic …cuz I KNOW you both have wicked answers…
Lovely Lisa from DoubleDoorRanch
Terrific Tasha from DesignerTrapped
Killin’ it Kelly from
Adorable Kendall at TheGuideToGettingGlam
So copy those questions and throw in your own answers and I’ll be all over ’em! I might not sleep in anticipation of your answers 🙂 And if you’re reading this and you’re not on the list and you WANT to be, hit it up anyway and write a comment with your contact info below! 😛
Have the best Thursday in history!